Friday, January 18, 2013

All About Me


Hello all! My name is Bobbi Ann Knight. I am a sophomore at Edinboro University, but my classes take place at a branch campus in New Castle, PA. I am an Early Childhood Education
major, and I hope to one day get a master's degree in Psychology. I currently work at a daycare where I mostly interact with young toddlers. That age group keeps me on my toes!

When I am not in school or at work, I spend time with my family, friends, or boyfriend. The rest of my spare time is spent searching the Internet for creative DIY (Do-It-Yourself) projects. My favorite website is Pinterest. If I am not on the Internet, I am searching the newspaper for yard sale ads that spark my interest. Then, if I have a Saturday morning that is not spent doing homework, I will venture out to yard sales that are in close proximity to where I live. I would love to open up a thrift shop one day, however, if I pursue my first dream of being a teacher, my busy schedule might not allow. If I can make it work, I will, but for now I am concentrating on what I really want to do.

In my sophomore year right now, I am enrolled in both Edinboro and Butler County Community College classes. I look forward to the classes I am taking this semester with the Edinboro program. I am quite interested in learning how to blog and use a Smart Board. I think that it will be a positive change to have a new professor than what we're used to and my first day in class left me excited to see what the rest of the semester holds. I would say that my technology skills are currently about a 6; If I am presented with a new form of technology, I can figure out how it works very quickly. There is still some things that I don't really know how to do, therefore, I hope that this class will help me achieve that knowledge.

Everyday I use technology to search the Internet to gain information mostly regarding research projects. I have used PowerPoint many times to present what I know to others. On a daily basis I communicate with my professors and classmates through the use of computers and cell phones to discuss class work.

I believe that it is very important that students start working with technology at a young age because children are like sponges and they can obtain information very quickly. Technology can be implemented into a classroom through interactive Smart Boards or iPads. Young children enjoy doing hands on activities and what better way to incorporate mathematics, reading, spelling, etc., than by using technology.





That is all for now! Keep checking back for more posts!


27 comments:

  1. Bobbi Ann, since you and I spend most of our saturday mornings together, you know that I also really enjoy yard-saling and doing D-I-Y projects. Another thing that we have in common is our love for pinterest. Which occupies both of our friday nights finding our D-I-Y projects. The more I read this the more I see that we have in common. The video that you posted is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your template! I wanna yard sale adventure with you and Tiffani soon :)I am also interested in using the IPad in my classroom. Hopefully we learn a lot this semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caitlin, you will definitely have to join Tiffani and I in the spring when yard sales start again!

      Delete
  3. I also love pinterest, there are so many cute things on there. I think it is funny that you like to yard sale shop, most people hate it! You can always fun so unique things at them, which is really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pinterest that is my go to site for everything! It's great to see you have a creative side. This will be great to see in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinterest is an amazing site! They have so many DIY projects as well as teacher classroom ideas! If you get the chance you should check out the thrift stores up near Edinboro! They have a lot of interesting stuff! :) Children should be exposed as much as they possibly can to the world around us, both nature and the world that we can hold in our hands! The information in your blog is very organized and is very eye-appealing to look at. If you can, I would post a picture of yourself so that we get to know you better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to let me know where the thrift shops are at in Edinboro. I have friends up there so I will definitely go to them when I visit! Also, I will have to add in a picture, that's a good idea.

      Delete
  6. I love thrift shops! You can find some pretty amazing things in there for a lot lesser price!! It would be awesome for you to open one one day. I find it really inspiring for someone our age to speak of how passionate they are about becoming a teacher, because I'm the same way. I can't wait to be a teacher and it is definitely important to be passionate about what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually just applied for a job at a daycare, so that's really cool that you already work at one. I think that is a great idea to open your own thrift shop, I've always wanted to open my own store of some sort too! I also think that you should use smart boards and ipads in the classroom. I see that you are very compassionate about your work and I'm sure you will make a great teacher one day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like DIY projects too! I have made several sock monkeys in the past and other creative sewing and knitting projects. I really like to fix things too and find out how things work. I also love thrift stores and yard sales! I actually live around New Castle when I'm not in Edinboro so we should definitely go yard saleing and thrifting sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that someone else loves to go to yard sales! My best friend and I go all the time and we'd love to have someone join us!

      Delete
  9. Great job showing who you are. Seems like you're into many social networks and know how the to obtain online resources. I also like how your vision is clear and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I worked with children. Your post sounds like you really enjoy social networks! Which is always a fun thing! I like the way that you want to teach.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank goodness that for once a person didn't begin every statement on here with "I." Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite website is also Pinterest! I'm addicted to it.. Your post seems to tells us a lot about you! I also believe it's important to have students start using technology at a young age. My 1 year old cousin takes my aunts I-Pad and plays Mickey mouse on it constantly! It amazes me how a 1 year old can figure technology at such a young age!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that this tells a lot about you. I am also studying Early Childhood Education and was very interested in going for Psychology as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've worked at a daycare before. That's cool. I also like how you actually use the internet to look up things to help you and that can benefit you. It's a skill not everyone has.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed reading your post. My wife got her Bachelors in Psychology. I have to hear about it everyday haha. Good luck with the little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's really cool you work at a daycare, I have volunteered a few time and really enjoy it. I also LOVE pinterest. I can find myself looking at new ways to do things and different ideas; I just think it's so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! I agree with a lot of what you said. Specifically, the incorporation of technology will help students learn trouble subjects such as math and science much better! Good luck in your future experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Pinterest too! I always wanted to try one of the DIY things but am always too lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also work at a daycare! I agree that it is important to start using technology at a young age. Learning games on the computer can be fun and helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post! And I love thrift shops!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I work at my local YMCA after school program and I've been there for 8 years and I am also super addicted to pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really cool that you are already gaining experience that will definitely benefit you later on in your career as an elementary teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think it's good that you already work at a day care and you want to work with early childhood, now it's like you already know what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I enjoyed your about me ! You really did a nice job on letting everyone know what you are about. It seems that you have many great interests and I like that you know how to use your online resources to your advantage, that will be very handy in your future classroom!

    ReplyDelete